Cyber security master class for executives
Wednesday, 10th of September, Sibiu City Council
16:30 – 20:00
As every business depends on IT systems and the confidentiality and reliability of its data, cyber security is a fast-emerging threat to any business. This course will help your management to determine where to start in what can seem like a never-ending effort to protect your company best assets.
Starting with awareness training, the first and most important step to preventing cybercrime, you will learn about common attack methods used by today’s cybercriminal and the potential vulnerabilities in many organizations. Using the insight, you receive from case studies and demonstrations, you will then learn the right questions to ask when conducting the risk assessment of your business.
A holistic approach is needed to address common hacking threats and to mitigate the resulting risks. Open to executives from different industries, this master class provides a perfect platform for all key stakeholders to work toward a common framework.
This master class is split in three parts:
- Understanding the problem – 80 mins
- A continuous framework to mitigate risks – 80 mins
- Questions and answers – 20 mins
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management
What you will learn
After completing this class you will be able to:
- Locate and prioritize cyber risks in your business
- Analyze your company’s cyber risk profile
- Work with your executive team to recommended risk mitigation processes and to
implement a security management system
- The current cyber threat landscape
- Common methods of attacks
- Lessons learned from real cyber security incidents
- Cyber threat assessment and risk management
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Executives and members of management team
Pascal Buchner, Director ITS & CIO, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Mr Buchner has almost 25 years of experience heading IT organizations in industries that have been transformed by technologies such as the printing industry, the music and entertainment industry and the distribution industry.
He has been driving the transformation of the IATA IT department into a well-recognized fast moving organization supporting the association in the re-mastering of its business processes. After achieving the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification in 2014, he has kept developing a comprehensive cyber security strategy aimed at protecting IATA financial systems. Since 2012 he is leading the IATA innovation network helping airlines to grasp the benefits of the digital world.
Pascal Buchner started his career as a developer of military systems and worked for different IT consulting firms in the defense and manufacturing sectors in France.